Join The USEA
Today, the USEA boasts nearly 12,000 members from every background and every area in the U.S. Each year, around 250 USEA events take place across the nation, exhibiting the talents of riders of every age in various levels of competition. The USEA offers a multitude of educational and recreational activities to its members. Various categories and price ranges of memberships are available that truly offer something for everyone depending on your level of interest. Look into how you can become a member of this exciting sport. We look forward to seeing YOU at a USEA event in the future!
Online registration for 2014 is now open at https://services.useventing.com/Services/Login.aspx.
Having problems logging into your account? Contact the USEA at 703-779-0440 (2)
USEA Membership and Horse Registration are mandatory to compete at all USEA recognized competitions at the Novice Level and above. Make sure your USEA Membership is active and that your horse is properly registered to compete at the appropriate level. No exceptions! Points and placings are not retroactive. A new policy is being instituted for 2013 – competitors who repeatedly enter events at the Novice level and above without the benefit of membership will be included on a list provided to Organizers and their entries will not be accepted.
The USEA Membership year runs from December 1st through November 30th.
USEA Member Benefits Include:
Full Member- $85
- 10 Issues of Eventing USA (four-color educational magazine with articles, profiles and competition reports and photos recognizing member achievements)
- Subscription to all electronic newsletters
- National competition schedule via online Omnibus
- Personal Notification of upcoming competition opening dates of specific interest to individual members
- Full access to USEA website with horse and rider competitive records.
- Verification of qualifications for competition levels and championships
- Eligibility for USEA Horse and Rider Awards Programs – USEA Medal Program, Technical Merit Award
- Eligibility for American Eventing Championships and all Area Championships (if qualified)
- Area member services
- Eligibility for USEA Leaderboards
- Eligibility for Adult Rider and Junior/Young Rider educational programs
- USEA provided Competition Liability Insurance
- Directory of USEA Certified Instructors
Full Member ($25 Junior Age Discount) - $60
- All benefits as above but only open to competitors through the end of the calendar year of their 18th birthday (1996).
Life Member - $1,500
- Receives benefits as listed in Full Membership above for life. (Not transferable after 10 years)
Supporting Member - $35
- 10 Issues of Eventing USA (December 1 to November 30)
- Subscription to all electronic newsletters
Additional Benefits of USEA Membership:
- Sanctioning and monitoring of competition standards and specifications of courses
- Voting rights
- Development of competition calendar
- Course standardization creating an even-playing field across the nation
- An Equine Drugs and Medications program to further insure an even playing field for competitors
- Course safety
- Well-trained and Educated Officials
- Educational clinics, seminars and schooling shows.
- Advocacy for the sport of eventing
- The ability for members to have their voices heard and to share in the governance of their sport.
- National and international news, photos and information about the sport through useventing.com
- Live-scoring from competitions
- Online Videos (and audio) from major competitions with interviews with the riders, course designers etc.
- Online Educational videos
- Bi-weekly e-newsletter
- Database maintenance of statistical sport and member information including results from 1974
- Online Rule Book including USEA policies and USEF Rules and Regulations
- Online access to all horse records.
- Education, certification and continuing education of trainers/instructors (ICP)
- Competition Liability Insurance which covers organizers, competitors, owners, officials, spectators and volunteers.
- Historical competitive records on all horses
- Compilation of national competition schedule for online Omnibus
- American Eventing Championships
- Annual Meeting and Convention
- Course Advisors Program
- Course Design Education (cross-country and show jumping)
- Equine Welfare Programs
- Eventing Hall of Fame
- Future Event Horse Series and Championships
- Gold Cup Series
- GPS Speed Study
- Instructors’ Certification Program
- Volunteer Recognition Programs
- Young Event Horse Series and Championships
- Your national headquarters in Leesburg with comprehensive eventing library – open to the members year-round
- Access to a professional and knowledgeable staff ranging with an average of eight years experience with the USEA
- 5% off all orders from Bit of Britain.
USEA's sponsors are an integral part of the Eventing community. For that reason, the USEA shares mailing addresses with equestrian sponsors. The USEA does not share member mailing addresses with non-equestrian vendors. The USEA does not sell mailing list or member email addresses or telephone numbers.
Want to learn more about the sport? Here are a few resources:
Note: Please always refer to the most current rule book for the most up-to-date rules and regulations of our sport.