Want to get involved in promoting safety in Eventing? Help the USEA design their new “Safe-T” t-shirts.
These Safe-T shirts will be designed by you and be available for purchase across the country. All profits will go directly to the USEA Safety Fund to help support safety research, preventative measures, and public relations initiatives.
Safe-T’s will be professionally screen-printed this spring by Ulla Ltd. and sold to each Area to sell around the country. They will debut and be available for initial purchase at the Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event at the USEA booth. Pricing and details will be announced soon.
Submit your design ideas and be a part of this great cause! All members are welcome to enter. Designs should be .eps, .jpg, .gif, or .tif files of high enough resolution for printing (300 dpi). You can email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail hard copies to:
525 Old Waterford Rd., NW
Leesburg, VA 20176
Images created in Adobe Illustrator (.eps) or similar software are preferred. Hand drawn designs are also welcome. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
All entries will be equally judged and considered by members of the USEA Safety Committee.
If your design is chosen, you will be awarded with:
- Two General Admission Tickets to the 2009 Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event
- A Safe-T shirt in your size autographed by David and Karen O’Connor
- Be honored and credited as the “Safe-T designer” on all Safe-T’s promotional materials including the Safe-T’s hang-tags, the USEA website, and Eventing USA magazine.
1. Safe-T’s are intended to communicate and promote safety in Eventing. Keep that in mind when designing your graphics.
2. You are welcome to include text such as safety taglines.
3. The graphic/design should be made with screen-printing in mind, i.e. a high resolution, clean, and easy to read design.
4. Color schemes are up to you but remember a little goes a long way. Keep your graphics and designs to about 3 colors or less and remember the color of the T-shirt (up to you) is your background color.
Design Hints and tips:
1. We are looking for graphics that symbolize safety awareness or accident prevention.
2. Keep your designs simple so they are easily readable, even from a distance. Think simple but effective.
3. Some symbols to consider might be a jumping Pegasus, helping hands, Red Cross, helmets, shields, etc.
4. Some taglines could be: “Safety Awareness,” “Safety Culture,” “Safety Together,” or others you create yourself!
5. Most of all, be creative, be positive, and have fun!
Submission Deadline: MARCH 31, 2009