Phillip Dutton and Fernhill Fugitive, winners of the 2016 Red Hills CIC3*. StockImageServices.com Photo.
After what seems like only the blink of an eye, the winter season is behind us and the spring leg of the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series is back under way starting this weekend at Red Hills Horse Trials in Tallahassee, Fla. Held at the Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park, the event is now in its 19th year as top riders use the CIC3* and Advanced divisions to qualify for the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Championship this fall.
Live Scores | Ride Times
- Event Schedule
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. Dressage
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - CIC3* Show Jumping; 10:45 a.m.- CIC3* Cross-Country; 12:35 p.m. - Advanced Cross-Country
- Sunday: Advanced Show Jumping
- Two Adequan USEA Gold Cup Divisions: CIC3* and Advanced
- 29 entered in the CIC3*
- 16 entered in the Advanced
- Mike Etherington-Smith is the course designer for the CIC3* and Advanced divisions
- Chris Barnard is the show jumping course designer for all levels
- Spectators will need tickets for this event. A single day pass is $15, a two-day pass is $25 and a three-day pass is $40. Click here to purchase your tickets
- The Budweiser Clydesdales are coming to Red Hills! You can see them up close on Friday, March 10 and Saturday March 11
- Red Hills Horse Trials is utilizing the new USEA Volunteer Incentive Program’s (VIP) volunteer management platform. It makes signing up to volunteer easy, and can log your hours directly on the App. Sign up for free and get involved at www.eventingvolunteers.com
- Find a good place to watch with the cross-country course maps.
- Tall Timbers Research Foundation: Tall Timbers; mission is to foster exemplary land stewardship through research conservation and education
- City of Tallahassee Parks and Recreation: Named “Best in America” by the National Recreation and Park Association in 2004, the nationally recognized agency operates and maintains 3,540 acres of well-managed parkland, ranging from neighborhood playgrounds to regional parks
- North Florida Water Management District: Elinor Klapp-Phipps Park has been home to the Red Hills International Horse Trials since the trials began in 1998. The Park, which is owned and managed cooperatively by the Northwest Florida Water Management District and the City of Tallahassee, offers a wide variety of recreational opportunities while serving an important role protecting the water and natural resources of the area
Follow the USEA event coverage on social media!
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
About the Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series
The 2017 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Championship features 11 qualifying competitions throughout the United States at the Advanced Horse Trials and CIC3* levels. Qualifying began last fall and continues through August with the final will take place at the USEA American Eventing Championships, August 30 – September 3 at the Tryon International Equestrian Center in Mill Spring, North Carolina. Riders who complete a qualifier earn the chance to vie for $40,000 in prize money and thousands of dollars in prizes in the Adequan Advanced Division and the title of Adequan USEA Gold Cup Champion.
The 2017 Adequan USEA Gold Cup Series is made possible through the support of its many loyal sponsors: Adequan, Standlee Forage, Nunn Finer, Nutrena, Merck, Broadstone Equine Insurance Agency and FITS.