- SUPPORT USEA
- ABOUT US
Providing for the safety of both horse and rider in the sport of Eventing is one of the primary goals of the USEA, and education is a vital tool to achieve that goal. The purpose of this site is to keep our members apprised of the very latest developments in safety.
For years, the USEA has taken the lead when it comes to providing education about all the aspects of riding and competing safely in Eventing. Since 1999, the USEA Instructor’s Certification Program has certified a total of 251 instructors across the United States and five in Mexico, all of whom have been trained to teach safe riding techniques. Our rigorous education programs for officials are ensuring that organizers have a list of the very best judges, technical delegates, and course designers from which to choose to officiate at their events. The USEA, in collaboration with the USEF Eventing Technical Committee, has proposed many of the safety rules now in place at competitions such as:
· The wearing of the highest standards in helmets and safety vests
· A dedicated position of Safety Coordinator with no other duties other than monitoring the safety of competitors
· Specific qualifications for progressing up the levels of competition
· Loss of establishment of those qualifications necessitating dropping down a level in order to re-qualify
· Dangerous riding penalties
In addition, the USEA has and continues to financially support such safety and horse welfare studies as:
· The Equine Cardiovascular/Pulmonary Study
· The development and testing of new frangible technologies
· The GPS Speed and Motion Study
We hope the resources you find on this page will be of help in determining the best possible equipment to ensure you and your horse competes safely in the sport of Eventing.