Waredaca Farm H.T. (Aug 2017) Omnibus Listing
All Tests scheduled same day AFTER the selected level has competed --N and P on Saturday and T, I and BN on Sunday
Event Date: Aug 19-20, 2017
Open Date: Jul 04 Close Date: Aug 01
Onsite Stabling Address: 22710 Howard Chapel Rd; Brookeville MD 20833
Competition Address: 4015 Damascus Rd., Laytonsville, MD 20882
From points East and North: NE/DE/NJ/PA: I 95 S to I 695/Balto Beltway to I-70 West to Rt. 97 south, 8 miles to right onto Rt. 650 Damascus Rd., Competition parking 1 mile on right. OR I 95 S to Route 32 West, south of Baltimore, to Exit 20, MD Route 108 toward Clarksville; turn left onto 108, cross overpass and turn right onto Ten Oaks Rd; 1 mile to roundabout, take 2nd exit onto Brighton Dam Road; follow 4 miles to right onto MD Rt 650/New Hampshire Ave; continue 4 miles to intersection of Rts 650 and 97; continue straight across on Rt 650 which is also called Damascus Road; Parking area 1 mile on your right.
From Points South: VA/ NC: Washington, DC Beltway (495) to I?270 North toward Rockville/Frederick; Merge onto I 370 via exit 9A toward MD 200; Take Shady Grove Exit West 3A, keep left at the fork and turn left onto Shady Grove Road; remain on this to intersection of MD Rt 124/traffic light; turn right, continue 1 mile thru light at intersection of Rt 108; proceed 4 miles to first left turn onto Howard Chapel Road; 1/8 mile to stop sign at Damascus Road; turn left-parking field immediately on your right OR from NO Va..consider taking 15 North to 340 East to I 70 East to Route 97 south and follow directions above.
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:I,IP,P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:PT,T,TN,N,BN
USEA Recognized Test:FEH-2,FEH-3,FEH-4,FEH-YEAR,YEH-4,YEH-5
Fri: Cross-country course open-3 pm.
Sat: Dressage (P/N)-7:30 am Show Jumping (P/N)-8:30 am; Cross-country (P/N)-9:30am. YEH/FEH Saturday afternoon.
Sun: Dressage (T/I/BN)-7:30 am; Show Jumping (T/I/BN)-8:30 am; Cross-country (T/I/BN)-9:30 am.
***Note: all riders will have published X-C times being APPROX.30 minutes after your published S-J ride; further details on website when times are posted.
Hybrid divisions (P/T, T/N, I/P) only if entries warrant; a minimum of 8 needed; if not enough to schedule, those entered will be automatically placed in the lower level Open division. Weekend schedule: These hybrid divisions will run when the JUMPING phase is scheduled for the regular divisions--IE T/N will run on Sunday when the regular T divisions do their Jumping Phase.
Available WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16 on WAREDACA.COM; posted by 2:00 PM. Do not call sec´y for times, please!
TD: Trish Gilbert, MD
Judges: GJ Pres: Pam Wiedemann PA Dressage Judges: Sara Leary VA; Karyn Rainey, MD; K C Vandyke, DE
SJ Judge: Kathy White, VA
C.D:X-C: I, P, T-David O'Connor, VA; BN,N-Steph Kohr, MD SJ: Kathy White, VA
YEH Dressage: Pam Wiedemann YEH Jumping: Pam Wiedemann and Stephen Bradley; YEH and FEH Conformation: Cathy Tucker-Slaterbeck
Send Entries to:
Draw checks to Waredaca, Inc.
Gretchen and Robert Butts (301 774 7123/Home; 301 570 4191/Waredaca Office).
- Entry includes a $25 non-refundable office fee.
- Paper number pinnys will be in effect for cross country.
- All entries include a non refundable office fee stated below.
- Absolutely NO telephone withdrawals, changes or stabling requests will be accepted.
- All monies received between August 2 and event conclusion must be paid in form of credit card or cash/cashiers check-no exceptions.
- ANY ENTRY, paper or electronic, the DATE on which entry is PAID IN FULL will have required entry fee amount adjusted to that date-no exceptions.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST INCLUDE PRINTED VALID EMAIL ADDRESS: ALL COMMUNICATIONS AFTER CLOSING DATE VIA EMAIL UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED ON ENTRY
USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
BEFORE THE CD:
- Refunds, less $25 non-refundable office.
AFTER THE CD of AUGUST 1
- No Refunds
Competition cancellation…no refund.
ANY change to entry must be in writing: Email ([email protected])
- With any simple change to entry--change of horse or rider (not both) and/or division allowed -no change fee if requested BEFORE August 7.
- ANY changes to entry August 8-August 13: $50.
- ANY Changes to entry August 14 through the event conclusion: $75.
- If space allows after the Closing Date of August 1, and post entries are accepted, they will be charged according to date entry is COMPLETE; all other refund/scratch/change fees still apply.
- FEH Entry Form and additional information can be found on www.useventing. com and in the Omnibus: Will be scheduled SATURDAY mid afternoon.
- YEH Entry Form and additional information can be found on www.useventing. com and in the Omnibus: Conformation will be scheduled SATURDAY around noon, followed by Dressage then Jumping mid to late afternoon.
Horse Trials: Area II Adult Riders, please indicate on the entry form. Separate ribbons will be awarded.
Trophy & 8 ribbons per division. Cash Certificate for 1-3rd place. MANY ADDITIONAL SPONSORED PRIZES.
APPROX 25 STALLS AVAILABLE on grounds AND 40 within ten miles of event; No initial bedding provided. $50 muck fee required for all stabled, send separate check with entry. Solid DOORS ON ALL STALLS;
SHAVINGS CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE--email ROB@WAREDACA.COM.
Veterinarian: Dr. Chad Davis # posted at secy's stand.
ON CALL Veterinarian: Damascus Equine Associates 301 253 3992.
Assignments posted on website no later than Thursday, August 17 12 noon
Two Choices we suggest, with special rates for Waredaca:
First is the Residence Inn. It's more expensive ($99/night) than the Comfort Inn ($86) but is a nicer property and offers more of an apartment feel than hotel room. The Comfort Inn is more the standard hotel room type experience but quite satisfactory. They both allow pets and have good parking for large trucks and trailers. The Residence Inn is slightly farther away but has more entertainment and restaurant selections nearby.
For special horse trial rates for Waredaca available for advanced reservations by May 15:
Comfort Inn Shady Grove, 16216 Frederick Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20877, (301) 330-0023 or toll free (888) 605-9100 for reservations.
Residence Inn Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center www.marriott.com 9721 Washingtonian Blvd, Gaithersburg Md 20878 (301) 590-3003
Test & arena sizes: I/IP-2014 USEF Intermediate Test B-Std. P/PT-2014 USEF Preliminary Test A-Sm. T/TN-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. N-2014 USEF Novice Test-B Sm. BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. Performance Arenas: ALL WEATHER FOOTING; grass warm up.
I-3200 m@ 550 mpm. IP/P?2800m @ 520 mpm. PT/T?2400 m @ 475mpm. TN/N-2200 m @ 375 mpm. BN?1600 m @ 350 mpm/12-14 jumps. All courses: Variety of tests at all levels. Website will be updated closer to event date. Water at all levels. ALL courses will be aerated prior to phase start. Cross-country course closed July 17th.
- ALL WEATHER ARENAS FOR DRESSAGE AND SHOW JUMPING
- Cross-country course closed July 17th.
- Levels may be divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
- Food on grounds.
- Dogs must be leashed.
- PLEASE BRING WATER.
- MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED ON CROSS-COUNTRY COURSE BEFORE AND AFTER XC PHASE BUT NOT WHEN RUNNING
- SHAVINGS CAN BE ORDERED IN ADVANCE; EMAIL [email protected]
Cross Country track and obstacles are always being upgraded. Stay up to date on the new course additions, clinics, schooling and entry information, follow us on twitter and become a fan of the Waredaca Horse Trials on Facebook. Volunteer for the day and get a free T shirt, lunch, earn 'Waredaca BUCKS' and have a day of fun~! Bring a friend, make friends! Sign up at http://www.waredaca.com/sponsors-volunteers/volunteering/volunteering-at-waredaca-events
Hybrid divisions require a minimum of 8 participants to occur; otherwise, entries will be scheduled at lower level, i.e. N/T will be N.
Tuesday XC Schooling Day, August 22, weather permitting. David O'Connor Expert Jumping Day TBA--ride or audit!
Volunteer VIP Program
EventingVolunteers.Com will be your centralized resource for all your horse sport and Eventing volunteering needs. Look for volunteering opportunities and sign up for events on a centralized portal. A companion app will be made available to enhance the experience on smart phones and make it simple to check in at events!
Go to www.EventingVolunteers.Com
Click on "I'm a Volunteer"
Create a new account
Click on the confirmation link sent by email
Return to www.EventingVolunteers.Com
Click on "I’m a volunteer"
Log in with your credentials
Fill out the "New Volunteer Form"
Once complete, you will be redirected to the Volunteer Dashboard
Click on the open event that you would like to sign up for.