Middle Tennessee Pony Club Horse Trials (Oct 2014) Omnibus Listing
Event Date: Oct 11-12, 2014
Open Date: Aug 26 Close Date: Sep 23
STABLING & ALL PHASES AT PERCY WARNER PARK EQUESTRIAN CENTER: 2500 Old Hickory Blvd., Nashville TN 37221:
From I-65 North: Exit 74-B, onto Old Hickory Blvd. Proceed west 7 miles, Park Equestrian entrance on right just past golf course.
From I-65 South: Exit 74-B, onto Old Hickory Blvd. Proceed west 7 miles, Park Equestrian entrance on right just past golf course.
From I-24 Chattanooga: Take I-840 near Murfreesboro, exit 74-A Franklin onto I-65 N, proceed as above, from I-65 South.
From I-40 West/Memphis: Exit 196 onto Hwy. 70 S. 2 miles to Old Hickory Blvd., turn right. 1 mile to Hwy. 100, turn left. .7 miles to Old Hickory Blvd., turn right. 1/2 mile turn left into Equestrian Ctr. Percy Warner Park.
USEF/USEA Recognized Division:P
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized Divisions:T,N,BN
USEA Recognized Test:Starter
ALL ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE AT PERCY WARNER PARK.
Fri: Secretary open 12 noon to 7:00 pm at Park.
Cross-country course open-3 pm; Show Jumping open approximately 4:00 pm set for Preliminary; maps for all divisions posted.
PARKING: All trailers and vehicles will be parked in the temporary stabling tent field. Please follow directions of the Parking Attendants.
Sat: Secretary open 7:00 am at Park.
Dressage-8:00 am at Park - All levels.
Cross Country-10:30 am at Park - P/T/N/BN/S
Sun: Show Jumping - 8 am at Park - P/T/N/BN/S
Show Jumping on Sunday - Ride times will NOT be posted. An estimate of each level's start time will be posted on the Website and Facebook early Sunday morning and will be determined by no-shows and eliminations day prior. The order will be P/T/N/BN/S in numerical order.
Entry status online, CHECK WEBSITE: http://www.mtn-ponyclub.org, link to Horse Trials, Start Box.
Judges: Pres: Jane Cory, PA; Dressage Judges: Karen Winn, KY; Julie Congleton, KY
CD:XC: Jonathan Wells, TN SJ: Fuzzy Mayo, TN
Send Entries to:
Enter online using Xentry - http://useventing.com/competitions/xentry
5261 Pine Hill Rd.
Nashville, TN 37221
Mobile: (615) 598-0205. Please , no calls between 9 pm & 7 am Central Time.
Email Secretary - [email protected] - for entry and scheduling inquiries.
Email Organizer, J.J. Johnson - [email protected] - for all other inquiries.
MTPC website - http://www.mtn-ponyclub.org/ A 'Horse Trials' link will be available near Opening Date.
Org: J.J. Johnson / MTPC Organizing Committee, 3055 Blue Creek Rd., Lynnville TN 38472.
Please communicate by email: [email protected] Day time phone: 615-351-1062.
Any inquiries not related to entries or scheduling send to Organizer.
Entry changes or inquiries, send directly to Event Secretary.
- Using Xentry enables your entry to be legible and complete. Link to Xentry (USEA website): http://useventing.com/competitions/xentry.
- Pay online using Xentry at http://useventing.com/competitions/xentry to avoid late fees by Closing Date or minimize late fees after Closing Date.
- Entries are not deemed received without payment.
- Entries must be printed and mailed to Secretary with signatures, check(s) & Coggins.
- Nothing requiring a signature upon delivery will be accepted.
- Neg. Coggins within 12 months required for all horses.
- Entries limited to 180.
- If entries are full prior to Closing Date, recognized levels will have priority over Starter Level, and USEA members will have priority over non-members.
- Starter Entries are exempt from USEA Membership/Non-Member Fees and USEA Starter/Drug Fees.
- Entry fee includes a $25 non-refundable office fee.
- Plastic pinny holders used for all levels. Limited number available for purchase in office for $15. or may be purchased from bitobritain.com
- Double entries: Not accepted.
- Copy(ies) of Rider/Owner/Trainer USEF card(s) or $30 ($30 EACH if Rider, Owner & Trainer are different people) required for all Prelim entries.
- CHECK WEBSITE: http://www.mtn-ponyclub.org link to Horse Trials, Start Box.
Entries: In writing (email acceptable) before 9 pm central time on C.D.- Less $25 non-refundable office fee.
After C.D.-Entry: USEA/USEF starter fees ONLY if no wait list or entry fee less $50 if place can be filled from wait list.
USEA Starter and D&M Fees Refund Policy: The USEA Starter and D&M fees ($21), are not subjected to office fees, and shall be returned within 30 days of the competition to any rider who does not start the dressage test.
Stabling: No refund unless stall can be filled from wait list.
Competition cancellation-partial refund after event expenses are paid. Refunds must be processed and may take up to 1-2 weeks or more to be issued.
Prize to 1st & 8 ribbons per division. Special award to Beginner Novice Senior Rider Level entry for most improved score over the weekend. The "Good Willing Most Improved Score Award" donated by Holly Ratcliff and Good Willing.
The Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) is offering ribbons, prizes and prize money ($50) to the top placing Thoroughbred at each level. The reserve highest placed Thoroughbred will receive a ribbon. Eligible horses must provide T.I.P. Numbers to event organizer with entry. For more information, visit www.tjctip.com. All prize money will be provided to the host horse show for distribution. Eligibility - Only Thoroughbreds that have been registered with The Jockey Club or a foreign Thoroughbred stud book recognized by The Jockey Club are eligible to participate in T.I.P. classes and awards. Riders and owners should obtain a T.I.P. number for all horse/rider combinations. T.I.P. number applications are done online at www.tjctip.com. T.I.P. numbers must be provided to the horse show. Hard copy forms will also be provided to shows.
- $150.00/stall - PERCY WARNER PARK for duration of event, Fri./Sat. nights.
- Additional nights $50.00/night must notify Secretary.
- Early arrival before noon Friday must notify Secretary.
- Separate $50 muck deposit check per stall.
- Limited permanent & temporaries under high-ceiling tent, stall doors and 1 bag shavings provided. Stalls issued on first entered, first served basis.
- Shavings - Pre-order extra bedding with your entry, also available for purchase on-site from Secretary, $7.00/bag. Additional shavings available for purchase Fri. until 7:00 pm and Sat. 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- Stabling in Groups - If you wish to stable together, list the same single name (barn, coach, friend) under 'stable with' on stabling form.
- Tack stalls MAY be available at stall rate, request on entry, notification will be sent when entries close.
- PARKING: All trailers and vehicles will be parked in the temporary stabling tent field. Please follow directions of the Parking Attendants.
Veterinarians: Tennessee Equine Hospital, (615) 591-1232. # will be posted on office door.
Hotels in Brentwiood TN are closest to the Park. Links to
various sites for hotels and rates:
Or search: Brentwood TN Hotels.
An Official Hotel may be named before opening date that may offer competitor discounts. Check website.
Camping: Primitive, in trailers allowed, no charge. No electrical hook-ups or showers available.
Test & arena sizes: All P-2014 USEF Preliminary Test A-Sm. All T-2014 USEF Training Test B-Sm. All N-2014 USEF Novice Test B-Sm. All BN-2014 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm. Starter-2011 USDF Intro Test C-Sm. Arenas: All arenas and warm-up on grass, weeding and seeding in progress all spring for improved footing, warmup areas are also included in turf improvement.
All P-3000 m @ 520 mpm. All T -2600 m @ 450 mpm. All N-2000 m @ 400 mpm. All BN-2000 m @ 350 mpm. Starter-1000-1400 m @ 280 mpm, 10-14 fences, max height 2'3". All approximate distances. Recognized courses: Built to standard at each level.
Starter level: It is recommended you and your horse are well suited to each other and have experienced all three phases together.
Stabling, Dressage, Cross Country and Show Jumping all held at Percy Warner Park.
P/T/N/BN/Starter - Dressage and Cross country on Saturday, Show Jumping on Sunday.
Rider limit 2 horses/level.
Divisions further divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
Food on grounds both days, breakfast served.
Participation in Horse Trials: Refer to Appendix 3 Participation in Horse Trials of the USEF 2014 Rules for Eventing. Cross country course open for schooling weekends in August, check website for more information, www.mtn-ponyclub.org.
Cross country course closed Sept. 2.
Friday & Saturday - 5:30 pm - Wine and cheese reception permanent barn area.