Career2 NY Second Career Thoroughbred Circuit - T,N,BN Enter your registered Thoroughbreed and compete to Win $400 Prize Money at all levels and ribbons.
Career2 is sponsored by NY Racing Association (NYRA) operators of Saratoga, Belmont and Adequduct and NY Thoroughbreed Horsemen's Association (NYTHA).
Compete in any of the 10 NY Second Career Circuit events honoring the retraining of Second Career Thoroughbreds (SCTBs), bred anywhere in the world, in the sport of Eventing. The Grand Finale will be held at Millbrook Horse Trials August 2-5.
Competition will be using the Rider-Keeper Pinney holders for all except the Intro entrants (see Misc section for more information).
Change Made 03/01/2012
USEA Event ID: 15008
Great Vista Horse Trials | Fort Plain, NY (AREA I)
Event Date: Jun 23, 2012
Open Registration Date: May 08 Close Registration Date: Jun 05
Address: 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339. Route 90 (NY Thruway) to Exit 29 Canajoharie; at end of exit turn right on 5S. Stay on 5S in Fort Plain, follow truck route (take right at light, straight thru second light, at end turn right). Go up Sand Hill, near top of hill, turn left on Paris Rd. 1 mile to Farm on left. Look for large brown barn for secretary and information. Watch for signage from thruway.
USEF Endorsed/USEA Recognized: PT,T,N,BN
USEA Recognized Tests: Intro
Fri: Cross-country course opens-3 pm.
Sat: Dressage-8 am; Show Jumping-10 am; Cross-country-Immediately after Stadium.
Available from sec´y as of Wed, June 20, on the Area 1 website, www.area1usea.org or by phone after 6pm. Postcards will not be sent. However emails are sent - Please make sure your email address is legible on your entry.
Jim Gornall (MA)
Jane Cory (PA); Dressage & SJ Judge
: Margie Hutchison (NY)
Ronan Moloney SJ:
Please note on entry if you are a current student of any of the officials.
Org: Sarah Dalton-Morris, 556 Paris Rd, Fort Plain, NY 13339.
Send Entries to:
PO Box 374
Guilderland, NY 12084-0374
EventEntries.com - check, MC/Visa accepted at Event Entries. By mail, check only.
Event Fees Directory. Draw checks to Great Vista Farm.
- Intro: $125 || BN, N, T, PT: $150
- BN riders not USEA members please additional $25 non-member fee - Not applicable to for Intro Eventing Test entires
- USEA starter and drug fee to be added to entry fee, see entry form for amounts (not applicable for Intro Eventing Test entries)
- Double Entries: $10.00
- Stabling: Limited on-site - $75.00 for the duration (3 nights maximum), initial bedding included; Off-site - 0-3 miles, $30/night, no bedding
- Stall Cleaning Deposit: $25.00 (separate check)
- Competitors Party: $10.00 (additional tickets; competitors free)
- Returned check fee $30.
- Competitors Party: Great food, Friday, beginning around 6pm at Brown Barn. Competitors free, all others $10/person; please include with entry.
- Pinneys provided to Intro entrants only. Competition using the Rider-Keeper holders. Limited quantity available at show; or contact Bit-O-Britain to purchase.
- Now offering Intro Eventing Test for riders and horses new to eventing
- Refunds: Before C.D..-Entry and Stabling fee refunded in full; After C.D. Less $25 only if place can be filled from a wait list. Competition cancellation-No refund.
- Any changes made to entry after C.D. will be assessed a $25 processing fee per change.
- Cancellations by phone not accepted - please send email to ensure withdraw date confirmation.
- Neg. Coggins within 12 months required for all horses; must accompany entry (dated no later than 6/22/11).
Trophy & 8 ribbons per division. Career2 NY Second Career Thoroughbred Circuit: All levels win, 1st place $300 plus saddle pad, 2nd place $100 and ribbons for placements 1-6. $100 of 1st prize and saddle pad is sponsored by TIP, the Jockey Club Thoroughbred Incentive Program. See Area I website for Career2 details.
- Limited on site stabling: $75 for the duration (3 night maximum), 37 permanent/temporary stalls (first come, first served), intial bedding provided. Off-site: 0-3 miles from event, $30/night, no bedding.
- $25 stall cleaning deposit required for all stabling - separate check made payable to Great Vista. Check destroyed if stall cleaned/cashed if not.
- Feed/Bedding/Hay available for purchase; further info from sec´y or organizer.
- Veterinarian: Lynn Geoffroy, DVM, 518.469.0968; Farrier: Laura Miller, 203.417.3888. Both numbers will be posted at sec´y´s stand & stabling.
- Heritage Meadows Farm B&B in Ephratah, NY, (518) 568-2997, www.heritagemeadowsfarm.com
- Hazelnut Inn B&B, (518) 993-3346
- Inn at Palatine Bridge-8 mi., (518) 673-2845
- A White Rose-5 mi., (518) 993-3339
- Gansevoors House B&B-12 mi., (315) 823-3969
- Portobello Inn B&B - 15 mi., (315) 823-9376
- Rodeway Inn at Palatine Bridge.-8 mi., (518) 673-3233
- Best Western at Little Falls.-12 mi., (315) 823-4954
- Camping: Crystal Grove Campsite - 8 mi., (518) 568-2914
For other local B&Bs, please visit: cnybb.com
Test & arena sizes:
- P/T-2010 USEF Prelime Test A-Sm.
- T-2010 USEF Training Test A-Sm.
- N-2010 USEF Novice Test A-Sm.
- BN-2010 USEF Beginner Novice Test B-Sm.
- Intro Eventing Test - 2010 USEF Beginner Novice Test A-Sm
Arenas: All weather surface.
T-2000 m @ 450 mpm. N.-1900 m @ 400 mpm. BN.-1800 m @ 350 mpm. Intro Eventing Test - 300 mpm and 2'3".
Terrain: Open field, rolling hills. All courses: Average, for horses with some experience at these levels. Includes natural obstacles, banks, mounds, water at all levels (optional at Intro), ditches.
- Competitors Party: Great food, Friday, beginning around 6pm at Brown Barn. Competitors free, all others $10/person; please include with entry. Food available Saturday 6am to 6pm.
- Cross-country course closed May 12.
- Riders limited to 2 horses/level, or 4 horses/entire event.
- Levels may be divided/combined as entries warrant; state preferences under the Eligible Section and birth date on entry.
- Food available on grounds.
- Dogs must be leashed: loose dogs will be impounded; $50 loose dog fine.
- Using Rider-Keeper pinney holders (except for Intro - pinneys provided). Limited quantity available on site or contact Bit-O-Britain to purchase.
- Jumper Derby & Dressage Schooling Show on Sunday, June 24. Visit www.greatvistafarm.com or contact secretary for entry and additional details.
Back to Omnibus & Results List | Back to Calendar List | Area I Calendar List